Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Binding dataset to a reportviewer control

Hi,

I need to bind my custom dataset, which i retrieve by executing some query to a reportviewer control. I don't want to create a typed dataset in the application. Is there any way to do it? The dataset that i bind will be built in a seperate class. If I plan to use a Object Data source, what are the steps to follow. Pls help.

thanks,

Saravanan

www.gotreportviewer.com provides information about how to use object data sources specifically at: http://www.gotreportviewer.com/objectdatasources/index.html

-- Robert

|||

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply. I already read through that article. What i really need is to bind a dataset ( which i create in my application) to be bound to the report viewer. The dataset will have some columns from the database ( thro a select query), some columns may be added by me. I want to bind this custom dataset to the report viewer control (local mode processing). Please let me know if this can be done and also some steps to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Saravanan.

No comments:

Post a Comment