Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bind a stored procedure within dataview

As I would like to execute a stored procedure within the Report Creation
Wizard. But only SQL String are allowed.
How can I "put" my stored procedure in this data view ? (I try EXEC
my_stored_proc in the SQL String area but not working...)
I would like to do it because I have almost 60 fields to add one by one into
a table manualy
If one of you have tips or can help me, I will appreciate :)
Have a good day !Are you getting any particular Errors? I've found that some sproc can be
called using exec sprocname @.Param1,@.Parm2 etc., while some do not. I've
resorted to the follwowing:
Putting a select * from table1
Once you get to the data tab, click on the ... and change the Command Type
to stored procedure.
You can then enter you sproc name in the query string box (don't enter the
exec).
If the sproc has parameters you'l need to set those up as well, to feed the
sproc.
"JahPil" wrote:
> As I would like to execute a stored procedure within the Report Creation
> Wizard. But only SQL String are allowed.
> How can I "put" my stored procedure in this data view ? (I try EXEC
> my_stored_proc in the SQL String area but not working...)
> I would like to do it because I have almost 60 fields to add one by one into
> a table manualy
> If one of you have tips or can help me, I will appreciate :)
> Have a good day !

No comments:

Post a Comment