Sunday, March 25, 2012

Binary Value Manipulation

I would like to drop the leading 0x on a binary value so I can do a
bitwise operation.
Here is simplified code:
select right(0x88186000,8)
I expected to get back 88186000, this was not the case. The command
returned some wierd characters.
Am I missing something?
On 1 May 2007 12:01:27 -0700, tfeller wrote:

>I would like to drop the leading 0x on a binary value so I can do a
>bitwise operation.
(snip)
Hi tfeller,
I just replied to a copy of this message in comp.databases.ms-sqlserver.
In the future, please limit yoour questions to a single newsgroup - or
if you feel you really have to post to more than one group, use your
news program's crossposting function to post one copy to multiple groups
instead of posting independant copies. That prevents people from
spending time on a question that has already been answered in another
group.
Hugo Kornelis, SQL Server MVP
My SQL Server blog: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/hugo_kornelis

No comments:

Post a Comment